Gentle Woman Of The Week: Kivvi Rachelle
Ever so often you come across a person whose style and grace completely captivates you. This weeks gentle woman, Kivvi Roberts, is happily cruising in her own lane. Maintaining her own style of photography, fashion and at times being her own muse, its hard not to be inspired by her talent and beauty.
1. What does your style say about you?
My style can usually tell you my mood for the day. It always changes from day to day, because my mood changes and I get bored easily. It could probably also tell you I like simplicity. I don't want to much going on with my clothes because I feel like my personality is enough.
2. In the mornings when you're getting dressed, what is one quirky thing that you always do?
I don't have a quirky thing that I do. Usually because I get up at the last minute possible and have enough time to shower, fix breakfast, put on some clothes and fix my hair.
3. There are so many inspirational women in this world. Which woman resonates with you the most and embodies your idea of femininity?
I'd have to say Angelina Joli. She's got this mix of masculinity and femininity. Tattoos with glamour. Loving, caring and giving, but strong. To me femininity doesn't have to mean dainty. There is a bit of strength and grace behind that word.
4. Which colors do you feel most comfortable wearing? Why?
All colors. It just depends on the time of year. Summer time, I'm in the bright reds, oranges, yellows and blues. Come winter though, it's mostly gray, navy, black and camel.
5. What does self love mean to you and how does that translate into your personal style?
Self love to me means being comfortable and confident with who you are. It's being who you want to be and not who someone else wants you to be or thinks you should be. In terms of my style that means leaving something to the imagination- a "more is less" approach. A balance. You won't see a whole lot of skin showing all at once from me.
6. Every woman has her favorite go-to brands that she can always count on to have what she needs. What are some of yours?
A.P.C., JCrew and Club Monaco
7. What are a few products that you cant go without?
My Burt's Bees face moisturizer, Mac Ruby Woo lipstick, Giovanni's Leave-in Conditioner
8. What do you enjoy most about being a woman?
I'd have to say our fashion. So many options and styles to choose from compared to men.
9. What are some of your every day essentials that you carry in your purse?
Lipstick, phone charger, hand lotion, sunglasses, fingernail clipper and file, and tweezers (you just never know)
10. What is your favorite quote that inspires you and drives you be better and do better everyday?
A wall is just a wall and nothing more at all. It can be broken down- Assata Shakur
11. What is something that you want people to know about you that they don't already know?
I'm a pretty open book, you can usually tell what I'm thinking just by looking at me. So if there is something to know about me, you'll know in time. Just give a me second to get there. :)