Gentle Woman Of The Week: Gina Knight
Meet this weeks IT Girls, Gina Knight and her beautiful little baby bear Freya. You cant help but obsess over this dynamic duo.Their undeniable love for one another, the smiles they share and of course their glorious curly fros are enough to brighten up anyone's day. With Gina slowly transitioning her closet to become more sustainable, it is truly a blessing to have her encouragement and support and to also be the first black owned Eco friendly brand in her collection of sustainable goods. I imagine life is as a mom being extremely fulfilling so getting to know a little bit more about this sensational mom from the UK was a pleasure. Enjoy! xx
1. What does your style say about you?
My style speaks volumes about my life, I work in the salon industry so I wear a lot of black and white, which has some how seeped into my day to day life. I'm a mama to a toddler so I wear a lot of practical clothes. The only thing that really lets me express my individuality and my [much repressed] love of colour are my accessories which are bold, bright and usually big.
2. In the mornings when you're getting dressed, what is one quirky thing that you always do?
I don't have a full length mirror so I always take a selfie of my outfit.
3. There are so many inspirational women in this world. Which woman resonates with you the most and embodies your idea of femininity?
As a child of the 80s it would have to be Sade, she has a timeless style, I'd wear all her outfits today and that says a lot considering she was prolific in the 80s [decade of the scrunchie] she managed to be chic in all circumstances.
4. Which colors do you feel most comfortable wearing? Why?
Black, it's habit 90% of my wardrobe is black it always looks good.
5. What does self love mean to you and how does that translate into your personal style?
Self love is actually loving yourself including your 'flaws' I'm a short slightly round woman I don't dress to down play those attributes. I wear flat shoes and though some may disagree I'm not afraid to wear form fitting clothes. I basically wear what I want [as long as it's black]
6. Every woman has her favorite go-to brands that she can always count on to have what she needs. What are some of yours?
I'm currently trying to be more sustainable with my fashion and shop a lot less, I've always been a fan of H&M and Cos however I'm stepping always from fast fashion and moving towards smaller brands, and up-cycling my own clothes as well as designing a few pieces from scratch.
7. What are a few products that you cant go without?
Haitian castor oil and Red Lipstick
8. What do you enjoy most about being a woman?
Everything but mostly being a mother
9. What are some of your every day essentials that you carry in your purse?
Wipes, toddler toys, water, gum and hand sanitizer.
10. What is your favorite quote that inspires you and drives you be better and do better everyday?
“Be aware of the abundance of life right now.
If you remain stuck in the past, clinging to the baggage of old disappointments or relationships, you block yourself off from the riches of the present. If you worry too much about tomorrow, you can't hear your heart today.” Baptise de Pape The Power Of The Heart
I'm definitely someone who is always thinking a few to many steps a head a lot of the time. This quote always reminds me to live in the now.
11. What is something that you want people to know about you that they don't already know?
Everything I want people to know is already know. A girl has to keep some of her cards close to her chest!